Four candidates competed in Brussels on 20 November for The Belgium National Selections, which leads to the European Cup in Turin in 2018.
The jury was made up of renowned professionals:
- Mendi Nasserdine - MOF 1993 Pastry Confectioner
- Vandermeulen Dominiek - Vice World Pastry Champion
- Roesems Christophe - Pastry Chef House Wittamer
- Maxime Frédéric - Four Seasons Pastry Chef - Hotel Georges V Paris
- Loriaux Donald - Finalist Bocuse d'Or Competition - Park Side House
- Szalies Arnaud - President Club Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie Belgium
The 2 selected winners are Jacky Bodart in the chocolate category and Istasse Bernard in the sugar category.
We will have the pleasure of seeing them in June in Turin for the Europe Cup!
If they are on the podium in Turin, they will have the chance to compete during the final and the 30th anniversary of the Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie in Lyon in 2019!
Let's encourage them and congratulations again!