The Singapore team composed of Chef Desmond Lee Yam Hock and Chef Pang Yun Kian has just won this year's Asian Pastry Cup. Thanks to their talent and hard work, the team impressed the jury with some incredible showpieces and an extremely creative “Chocolate Exotic” cake.
Malaysia and India reached the podium in second and third place respectively and both go to the Finale. And Indonesia is also qualified, as Singapore, who belongs to the “top 7 group” and is automatically selected for the Grand Finale, gives a qualifying position to the country coming in 4th place.
These four countries will be joined by Thailand, who obtained a “wild card”, awarded by the founder of the contest: Gabriel Paillasson.
5 prominent Asian pastry representatives will thus compete with their international counterparts in the final round of the Coupe de Monde de la Patisserie, held in Lyon (France) on Sirha trade show , in January 2017.
Several prizes have also been awarded to some exceptional pastry talents.
- Mukesh Singh Rawat from India, for the most promising talent prize
- Team Philippines for the best team spirit prize and the best display prize
- Team Singapore for the best sugar showpiece prize
- Team India for the best chocolate showpiece prize
- Team Malaysia for the best chocolate cake prize
- Team Thailand for the best plated dessert prize
- Team Indonesia for the best taste prize
Desmond Lee YAM HOCK
Pang Yun KIAN
Lim Chin KHENG
Mukesh Singh RAWAT