Italy has won the 14th edition of the Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie. 21 teams from all parts of the world – composed of a pastry chef, a chocolate specialist and an ice-cream maker – competed in front of 2'700 enthusiastic supporters in an exceptional atmosphere. The team captained by Emmanuele Forcone has been awarded the trophy after ten hours of intense competition where they demonstrated audacity, creativity and innovation.
This is the 7th time Italy makes the podium. The country's previous achievements include 2 gold medals (2015-1997), 2 silver medals (2011-2009) and 3 bronze medals (2013-2007-2001).
- The special prize for “Sculpted Ice” is awarded to the Philippines who participated at the contest for the first time.
- The special prize for “Chocolate” is awarded to Malaysia.
- The special prize for “Sugar” is awarded to Denmark.
- The special prize for “Team spirit” is awarded to Guatemala for its team's solidarity an close working. This prize giving was very emotional as the team includes a member with limited mobility.
- The special prize for the “Best promotional campaign” is awarded to Switzerland.
- The special prize for the “Best innovative spirit” is awarded to Italy for the icing of its creations.
- The “Press” prize is awarded to Japan for its chocolate desserts.
- The special prize for the “Best promotional Poster” is awarded to Morocco by the social media users.